IsraAID Emergency Volunteer Program
IsraAID mobilizes emergency response teams to disasters in the U.S. Our team includes U.S. & Israel-based disaster response specialists. We support local communities recover from disasters.
This is your opportunity to join forces and make a difference when most needed. Communities across North America find themselves in distress when disaster strikes. Join IsraAID's volunteers from Israel, when local disasters hit in the U.S.!
Sign up to join IsraAID’s relief on the ground to assist local communities recover.
We are currently looking for volunteers to help support communities affected by COVID-19. Join us in supporting Tier 2 Warehouse operations pick/ pack/ ship to support local food distribution services.
Make a significant difference with a team of professionals from Israel. Become a professional volunteer!
Criteria to join:
- U.S. Citizenship (mandatory)
- Passion to help and make a difference
- Physically and mentally fit to work in harsh environments in disaster zones
- Age limit: 21 - 50 years old
- Complete a core operation training with IsraAID before deployment (participate in an IsraAID disaster preparedness webinar)
- Sign a volunteer agreement
- Have active health insurance
- Join on the field for at least 5 full days of volunteer work
- Limited to individuals with a residency in the USA (due to insurance limitations)
- Please consider a tax deductible donation of $180 to help offset costs
- If you are based in Israel and interested in joining, please click here to sign up to IsraAID's roster
What are the requirements to join? What if I’ve never done this before?
Please see criteria to join above. Previous experience implementing humanitarian aid is preferred but not required. The IsraAID team will provide a webinar training to prepare volunteers to work on the field. It is mandatory to join a webinar prior to deployment.
Does it cost money?
No. This opportunity is on a volunteer basis. No stipends are provided. We don’t reimburse for any additional expenses.
Will PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) be provided?
We will provide tools and personal protective equipment, including gloves and surgical masks.
How do I sign up?
How long is a typical volunteer experience?
Volunteer timing depends on placement. Deployment coordinator will discuss timing with volunteers. Subject to the needs in the field.
What are the health requirements?
We expect volunteers to be physically and emotionally fit to do physical labor in challenging conditions in disaster-affected areas. We require volunteers to be up to date on their tetanus vaccination.
Are there any terms and conditions?
Yes. You will be sent a copy for your review and sign prior to deployment.
I am interested in volunteering but not available in the next month?
Please register and join our professional Emergency Volunteer roster and our webinars to be announced, thus in future situations you will be contacted to join.
To learn about IsraAID’s COVID-19 response visit here.